NewSouth Books is the distribution arm of UNSW Press, handling sales, marketing & distribution services for a range of local and overseas publishers. We are looking for a full-time Trade and Academic Sales Assistant to join our team in the Randwick office. This role offers an exciting opportunity to develop your sales career in a successful company.
Working closely with the Sales & Marketing Manager, this role coordinates a range of administrative tasks and will suit someone who is organised, has strong communication skills, a keen eye for detail and a passion for books.
Key responsibilities include:
- Excellent support and customer service to booksellers, along with managing new sales inquiries
- Monthly regional and rural tele-sales calls
- Author sales
- Special sales
- Creation and preparation of academic direct mail sales materials
- Assisting with other sales tasks as required
Desired skills and experience:
- Excellent presentation, communication, time management and organisational skills
- Previous experience in the book trade is highly desirable
UNSW Press aspires to be an employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. It aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention, and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone eligible to apply.
Apply by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm 13 May 2022.