- See the difference you can make through the work you do with an innovative university press
- Collaborate with high-performing, creative teams at a leading book publisher, book distributor and bookshop
NewSouth Books is the sales, marketing and distribution division of UNSW Press Ltd. A dynamic business that represents more than 80 local and overseas publishers in the Australian and New Zealand market, it sells fiction, non-fiction, illustrated and children’s books in print and digital formats. The company publishes general non-fiction under its NewSouth imprint, as well as academic titles under its original university press imprint. It also manages a campus bookshop at UNSW Sydney.
We are looking for a Communications and Marketing Manager. This role offers an exciting opportunity to develop your career in a successful, award-winning company.
As the Communications and Marketing Manager, you will report to the CEO of UNSW Press and work with high-calibre executives and energetic, creative teams across the company.
Accountabilities for this role include:
- Consolidating past success, preparing the organisation to scale its operations to deliver on existing commitments and identifying future growth opportunities.
- Managing brands and reputation to ensure that NewSouth Books continues to thrive and increase market share.
- Working with direct reports to build their capabilities and ability to effectively manage their work with a wide range of authors, customers, publishers and other stakeholders.
- Delivering integrated consumer, digital and retail marketing campaigns on schedule.
- Identifying audiences and building partnerships to maximise sales and readership for front and backlist titles.
- Development of digital platforms, including websites, eDMs and social media, across NewSouth Books and Publishing, and UNSW Bookshop.
- Helping to deliver effective campaigns with the publicity team.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline and at least five years’ experience in marketing and communications will be valued.
- A passion for books and reading and an understanding of the changing nature of the global book industry.
- Highly developed understanding and quantifiable success in digital content and social media management, audience acquisition and engagement.
- Strong organisational and office technology skills.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and to tight deadlines.
For further information or a confidential discussion regarding this role, please contact UNSW Press chief executive Kathy Bail at kathy.bail(@)unswpress.com.au with a cover letter and CV by the closing date of 6 July 2022.
UNSW Press aspires to be an employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. It aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention, and promotion of staff and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity or Indigenous heritage. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Job: Communications and marketing manager
Location: Sydney, NSW
Hybrid model of working from UNSW’s Kensington and Randwick campuses and working remotely
Work type: Full time
Application closing date: 6 July 2022
Company: NewSouth Books/UNSW Press Ltd
Contact email: kathy.bail(@)unswpress.com.au