Level Up Your Essays is the essential guide to essay writing for university students. Written by the people who mark your essays, it will show you step-by-step how to write high-quality essays that will get you top marks.
This book will guide you through all the stages, including your essay plan, developing research strategies, writing with distinction, finishing strongly with editing, and getting your referencing right every time. Bursting with insider tips and tricks on what markers look for, this clear and easy-to-use guide includes:
- 22 worksheets with exercises and checklists
- The secret formula for a good essay (yes, there is a formula!)
- Practical insights into digital tools to help you with research, writing and referencing
- Guidelines for getting your academic English right every time
- Common mistakes and missteps and how to fix them
- Straightforward information for international students
- Successful time management strategies so you never hand in an essay late
No matter what grades you get now, this book will revolutionise your essay writing – and get you the marks to prove it.
'Whether you're just starting out at university or well into your graduate studies, this book contains incredibly valuable advice that will help you take your writing to the next level.' — Miranda Gronow, BA (Hons), University of Melbourne, DPhil Candidate
'More than just a guide to structure and writing style, this book demystifies the essay-writing process, giving insight into what lecturers want to read. I can't recommend it strongly enough.' – Dr Catherine J Frieman, Associate Professor, Australian National University